Today in History
March 05, 1946
The Iron Curtain
During a speech in Fulton, Missouri, Winston Churchill declares: "From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic, an iron curtain has descended across the Continent." The "Iron Curtain"” refers to the political, military and ideological barrier between the Soviet Union and the noncommunist West from here on out.
Today's Feature History Article
On the 40th anniversary of the wartime leader's death, historians are reassessing the complex figure who carried Britain through its darkest hour
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Native Intelligence
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster