Today in History
February 27, 2003
Mister Rogers dies
Fred Rogers, who hosted the children's television show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" for more than 30 years, dies at the age of 74. One of his trademark cardigans, a red sweater knitted by his mother, has a home at the National Museum of American History.
Today's Feature History Article
A cardiganed Fred Rogers made every kid feel cozy and warm
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food