Today in History
February 27, 2003
Mister Rogers dies
Fred Rogers, who hosted the children's television show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" for more than 30 years, dies at the age of 74. One of his trademark cardigans, a red sweater knitted by his mother, has a home at the National Museum of American History.
Today's Feature History Article
A cardiganed Fred Rogers made every kid feel cozy and warm
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster