Today in History
February 26, 1815
After only nine months of exile on the Italian island of Elba, Napoleon Bonaparte escapes. Any plans he may have had for a French empire were crushed, however, with his defeat on June 18 at Waterloo.
Today's Feature History Article
War games enthusiasts use miniature soldiers and multiple-terrain boards to simulate real battles
Most Popular History Articles
- The Man Who Wrote the Pledge of Allegiance
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- How Arlington National Cemetery Came to Be
- The CIA Burglar Who Went Rogue
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food
- Resurrecting Pompeii