Today in History
February 20, 1998
At the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan, the competition was on between veteran Olympian Michelle Kwan and 15-year-old newcomer Tara Lipinski. Lipinski and Kwan both deliver flawless performances, but Lipinski's program is more technically difficult. This wins her the gold medal, the silver medal going to Kwan.
Today's Feature History Article
Spectators braved all manner of discomfort—from oppressive heat to incessant badgering by vendors—to witness ancient Greece's ultimate pagan festival
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Native Intelligence
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Who Was Cleopatra?