Today in History
February 06, 1945
Bob Marley is born in Jamaica to a white English army captain and black mother. He goes on to become the most popular reggae musician in the world and a leader in the Rastafarian movement. Marley survives an assassination attempt in 1976, but dies of cancer in 1981 at age 36.
Today's Feature History Article
A reclamation of African identity evolved into a worldwide cultural, religious and political movement
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?