Today in History
February 06, 1945
Bob Marley is born in Jamaica to a white English army captain and black mother. He goes on to become the most popular reggae musician in the world and a leader in the Rastafarian movement. Marley survives an assassination attempt in 1976, but dies of cancer in 1981 at age 36.
Today's Feature History Article
A reclamation of African identity evolved into a worldwide cultural, religious and political movement
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Native Intelligence
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson