Today in History
February 04, 1902
Born to Fly
Charles Lindbergh is born in Detroit. He goes on to be the first man to make a solo flight across the Atlantic in 1927, the New York to Paris trip taking more than 32 hours. He again makes headlines when his baby son is kidnapped, ransomed and murdered in 1932. Lindbergh dies of cancer in 1974.
Today's Feature History Article
Anne Morrow Lindbergh chronicled the flights made with her celebrated husband
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?