Today in History
February 04, 1902
Born to Fly
Charles Lindbergh is born in Detroit. He goes on to be the first man to make a solo flight across the Atlantic in 1927, the New York to Paris trip taking more than 32 hours. He again makes headlines when his baby son is kidnapped, ransomed and murdered in 1932. Lindbergh dies of cancer in 1974.
Today's Feature History Article
Anne Morrow Lindbergh chronicled the flights made with her celebrated husband
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster