Today in History
February 02, 1913
At 12:01 a.m., Sunday, February 2, New York's Grand Central Terminal officially opens to the commuting public. Although construction was not yet complete, more than 150,000 people visited the new terminal on its opening day.
Most Popular History Articles
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- Native Intelligence
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster