Today in History
February 02, 1913
At 12:01 a.m., Sunday, February 2, New York's Grand Central Terminal officially opens to the commuting public. Although construction was not yet complete, more than 150,000 people visited the new terminal on its opening day.
Most Popular History Articles
- The Man Who Wrote the Pledge of Allegiance
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- How Arlington National Cemetery Came to Be
- The CIA Burglar Who Went Rogue
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Resurrecting Pompeii