Today in History
February 02, 1913
At 12:01 a.m., Sunday, February 2, New York's Grand Central Terminal officially opens to the commuting public. Although construction was not yet complete, more than 150,000 people visited the new terminal on its opening day.
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster