Today in History
January 25, 1961
Just five days into his presidency, President John F. Kennedy appears before 418 reporters at 6 p.m. for his first press conference. The event is broadcast live on television and radio around the world via satellite. The Paris newspaper, Le Monde, reports Kennedy performs with "perspicacity and skill."
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?