Today in History
January 25, 1961
Just five days into his presidency, President John F. Kennedy appears before 418 reporters at 6 p.m. for his first press conference. The event is broadcast live on television and radio around the world via satellite. The Paris newspaper, Le Monde, reports Kennedy performs with "perspicacity and skill."
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster