Today in History
January 23, 1973
Via live radio and television broadcasts, President Richard M. Nixon tells the American people that the country has agreed upon a firm cease-fire plan with Hanoi, ending the nation's longest war. "Let us now build a peace of reconciliation," he says. The agreement would take effect four days later and be overseen by an international peace keeping force.
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food