Today in History
January 22, 1938
Before a filled-to capacity audience, Thornton Wilder premiers his first full-length, original play, "Our Town," at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, N.J. The three-act play about small-town life in Grover's Corners, N.H., would move to Broadway the following February and earn Wilder a Pulitzer Prize.
Recent History Videos
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- The History of the Short-Lived Independent Republic of Florida
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?