Today in History
January 21, 1924
A Communist Icon
Vladimir Lenin, founder of the Russian Communist Party, dies at age 53 in Moscow. His corpse is embalmed and put on display in a mausoleum in the city's Red Square, where it still remains. Debate in Russian parliament over a final burial for Lenin's corpse continues today.
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Native Intelligence
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson