Today in History
January 11, 1902
Popular Mechanics makes its first appearance on newsstands in Chicago. During the publication's first few years, its founder, newspaperman Henry Haven Windsor, would write all of its articles. The science and technology magazine ran the subhead "written so that you can understand it" on the cover.
Most Popular History Articles
- Native Intelligence
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?