Today in History
January 05, 1896
Discovery of X-rays announced
German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen's discovery of a new form of electromagnetic radiation called X-rays is announced in newspapers. This discovery would revolutionize diagnostic medicine and earn him the 1901 Nobel Prize in Physics.
Most Popular History Articles
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- Native Intelligence
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids